The Centre for Local History
The Centre for Local History was established in March 1988 and is, what is termed, a working unit within Linköping University. The aim of the Centre is to support and develop research on local history and education by bringing about co-operation between professional researchers, instructors, school, teachers and the general public. The Centre for Local History is also building up a historic database with computerized parish records which is used in several research projects at the univeristy.
The Aim of the Centre:
- to assume responsibility for and prepare the demographic material about the inhabitants of Östergötland, received from the Demographic Database in Umeå for research and local use in Östergötland,
- to facilitate and promote the use of this material in cultural life, schools, higher education and research,
- to co-ordinate and support research projects of local history character in the county of Östergötland,
- to support and develop co-operation between the long-term accumulation of knowledge and the development of methods in the local history and demographic fields, particularly in regard to areas of an interdiciplinary character,
- to provide information about research within the area of local history,
- to take the initiative in co-ordinating education in local history and
- to give advice to study circles and non-professional researchers in the area of local history.
For more information contact us
Centrum för lokalhistoria
581 83 LINKÖPING
+46 13-28 22 03
Last updated: 2013-11-19